Using i-tree vue in Canada

Issues related to i-Tree v3.x can be posted in this section. If you encounter any issues, please pass the information along to i-Tree Support.
trevor cox

Using i-tree vue in Canada

Post by trevor cox » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:19 pm

Is it possible to utilize i-tree vue in Canada given that the US based imagery is not available. Can we utilize similar resolution imagery?
smaco
i-Tree Team

Post by smaco » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:35 pm

Hello, thanks for your interest in i-Tree Vue. Unfortunately, this tool relies on a 21-class land cover classification scheme applied uniquely over the United States which makes it unusable outside the US.

We hope that future versions of Vue will allow users to use their own high resolution imagery which will make this tool more accurate and applicable for international users.

If you want to know more about the national land cover data sets that Vue currently relies on, see the following link:

http://landcover.usgs.gov/prodescription.php

--Scott
a member of the i-Tree Team
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Using Vue in Canada

Post by azelaya » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:45 pm

Here is another forum thread describing some potential limitations with working with high resolution images and Vue which you may be interested in. http://forums.itreetools.org/viewtopic. ... light=nlcd
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
JTaylor

Vue in Canada

Post by JTaylor » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:02 pm

Just wondering if there are any new developments on this subject? Or plans?
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Vue in Canada

Post by azelaya » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:08 pm

The available NLCD imagery is limited to the lower 48 US States which prohibits use of the application internationally. Although the Vue application will continue to evolve, analyzing external finer resolution imagery (non-NLCD) is not in future development plans. Al
A member of the i-Tree Team