empty sites

Issues related to i-Tree v3.x can be posted in this section. If you encounter any issues, please pass the information along to i-Tree Support.
AGH

empty sites

Post by AGH » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:08 pm

the manual says to define empty planting sites as non-tree species, which I did. So the code I created shows on my species list, but when I enter these sites as they show up, the program wants a DBH. I kept getting error messages when trying to enter these sites so currently I am using 1", which the program accepts. Is there a different method for recording these potential new planting sites?
MJKerr
i-Tree Team

Post by MJKerr » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:48 am

AGH, it is quite helpful to mention whether you're using Streets or Eco when you post a new thread. I've pointed the post out to the Streets developer and he should be responding shortly.
dellings
i-Tree Team

DBH Required for Non-Trees

Post by dellings » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:52 am

You are correct. When a non-tree species is selected the application still requires that you enter a non-zero DBH value. Whatever value you enter as your DBH does not matter since all of the i-Tree Streets reports ignore non-tree records and do not consider them to be part of the population. This issue only affects the data entry forms and will not adversely affect the results of the reports you receive. I will try to get this corrected for the next release cycle.