adding new species

Issues related to i-Tree v3.x can be posted in this section. If you encounter any issues, please pass the information along to i-Tree Support.
AGH

adding new species

Post by AGH » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:01 am

I'm running into about 10% non-defined species in this inventory I'm conducting. When I click 'New' species, (under the input, define species tab), I can enter a code, common and scientific name, but then the assigned sp. value field does not allow entry. So I have to cancel out and I'm unable to add in these trees that are missing on the PNW species list. I looked throught the species lists in the I -tree site manual, and I'm unable to locate codes to use for the region I'm in. Does it matter what code I use, am I missing something?
dellings
i-Tree Team

Assigned Species Values

Post by dellings » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:05 pm

Correct, the Assigned Sp. Value field does not allow direct entry. You must select an associated species from the list located at the bottom of the Define Species dialog in the area titled "Assigned Species Value". Once a species has been selected, the Assigned Sp. Value for the current row will be populated with your selection. *Note - Some species value assignments may not be changed.