no transfer to pda

Issues related to i-Tree v3.x can be posted in this section. If you encounter any issues, please pass the information along to i-Tree Support.
AGH

no transfer to pda

Post by AGH » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:32 pm

Every time I retrieve data from my PDA, it wipes the PDA clean of the Complete Inventory I have started. I dont know why there is an option to clean off the data when it does this automatically.

When I select transfer to PDA and click OK, nothing happens. I cant seem to get the inventory I'm building back on to the Samsung smartphone I'm using. I'm wired in through the USB cable. The configuration file transfers across fine, but why wont the selected input records transfer back to the PDA? And how do you print, or transfer the main records file into Excel?

Another question is on the report parameters. Since we have the option to record actual DBH, it seems like there should be a way to change the DBH classes to reflect groupings of other sized trees? This isnt a big deal, but I'm curious if it's possible?

Some of the reports cause the program to lock up. Seems to happen after already viewing a few, then it just hangs up and I need to kill it through task manager. Are there any known conflicts with the business objects viewer?
azelaya
i-Tree Team

transfer to pda

Post by azelaya » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:51 pm

Can you please supply some more details on the samsung smartphone your are using (model, Operating system, etc). Also, can you describe if there are any error messages or other details when you are trying to send data back to the PDA.

After connecting the PDA to the Desktop and ActiveSnyc or Windows Mobile Device Center establishes a connection, does the "Check Status" option return any entries in red text in the dialog box indicating that an update is needed?

If not, what happens after Select Records is pressed and records are selected by checking the box to the left of the record. After hitting okay and then pressing send configuration to PDA, do you still recieve a small dialog box that indicates the configuration was updated successfully?

You can create an Excel spreadsheet of your records by opening your .istreets project file in Access. You can then export out the table STRATUM_MCTI_Inventory which has the data. You can also just cut and past your records from Streets Records into an Excel sheet if you have problems working with Access.

An update should be released soon which should make the reports more stable. There have been problems with some reports especially if you try running a pest report and then go back to one of Streets traditional reports which seems to cause issues. However, there could be data in your project that may be causing the problem also such as a value out of range.

You can adjust the DBH ranges by selecting Input - Data fields and then selecting the DBH tab. Streets allows you to change the "from" entry and will automatically match the "To" value to ensure that there are not gaps between your ranges.

The option to clean the PDA is used when one is dealing with multiple projects or training others and you need to clean data frequently. It probably does not get used often by traditional users working on a traditional project.
A member of the i-Tree Team
AGH

Post by AGH » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:56 pm

The Device is a Samsung Omnia. It's operating on S:i910.10.V.bj28.2027.
I'm trying to see if there is a newer version released since my phone was made, even though I have had it less than a month.
There are no error messages in Streets, all is green with WMDC, and no dialogue box pops up at all. The screen just blinks once but nothing is transfered when I select records transfer to PDA.
My issue with cleaning off the PDA is that it happens every time I retrieve data, and since the records wont transfer back to the PDA it makes field checking data previously input impossible.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

transfer to PDA

Post by azelaya » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:56 am

It is hard to figure out what is happening in this situation. Your device seems to be running Windows Mobile 6.1 according to online specs. We have had users who have had issues related to their installation of Windows Mobile Device Center and have resolved them by removing the existing application and reinstalling WMDC.

That may be worth trying and then just making up a simple test project, send the configuration to the PDA, and testing it with an entry to see if it is perhaps something with the existing project file. Let us know if you have time to test this out and if it fails we can try to set something up offline to try to further assist. Thanks.
A member of the i-Tree Team
MJKerr
i-Tree Team

Post by MJKerr » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:59 am

AGH wrote:The Device is a Samsung Omnia. It's operating on S:i910.10.V.bj28.2027.
I'm trying to see if there is a newer version released since my phone was made, even though I have had it less than a month.
There are no error messages in Streets, all is green with WMDC, and no dialogue box pops up at all. The screen just blinks once but nothing is transfered when I select records transfer to PDA.
My issue with cleaning off the PDA is that it happens every time I retrieve data, and since the records wont transfer back to the PDA it makes field checking data previously input impossible.
The PDA is going to be cleaned every time you retrieve data. What you need to do is, after you retrieve your new data, click the "Select Trees to Send to PDA" button, click "Select All", "OK", then transfer configuration to the PDA.
AGH

Post by AGH » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:00 pm

Thanks for reiterating the steps, its transfering now. I think that 3.0.2 might be recognizing the PDA better. I reinstalled WMDC, it seemed to be fine before but was probably worth the effort too.