Windows Mobile compatibility with i-Tree v3.0

Issues related to i-Tree v3.x can be posted in this section. If you encounter any issues, please pass the information along to i-Tree Support.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Windows Mobile compatibility with i-Tree v3.0

Post by azelaya »

i-Tree v3.0 has been tested for compatibility with hand held devices running Windows Mobile 2003, 5.0, 6.0, 6.1 & 6.5. The Windows CE operating system is currently not supported. The number of available devices and rapidly evolving technology makes ensuring proper operation on devices challenging.

We have heard from users working with a Trimble Nomad running WM 6 Classic and Dell Axim X51v with windows mobile 5.0 (OS 5.1.195) who have experienced problems with their displays. However, we do not know if others are having similar problems or if these problems are isolated. As always, feedback on PDA compatibility/issues from i-Tree users is appreciated.
A member of the i-Tree Team
dellings
i-Tree Team

Post by dellings »

The issue with these devices is a result of their high resolution display. Typically, Windows Mobile devices have a resolution of 320x240. With the introduction of Windows Mobile 5, devices with resolutions of 640x480 started to appear on the market. To aid portability of applications between low resolution and high resolution devices, Windows mobile will try to scale applications according to screen size. In certain cases the automatic scaling doesn't work as expected. Typical signs of a scaling issue are items that appear half their height or width in size when compared to an older device. This issue has been corrected in iTree v3.0.2.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Trimble Nomad display working properly with WM6

Post by azelaya »

A user working with a Trimble Nomad running WM6 Classic has verified that her hand held device display is now functioning properly after testing i-Tree version 3.0.2.

Al
A member of the i-Tree Team