i-Tree Streets compatibility with Windows Mobile 5.0

Issues related to i-Tree v3.x can be posted in this section. If you encounter any issues, please pass the information along to i-Tree Support.
VT-EAB

i-Tree Streets compatibility with Windows Mobile 5.0

Post by VT-EAB »

I have installed i-Tree Streets and am using a PDA to collect field data. When I transferred the project to the PDA everything worked fine. The problem I am having is that when I am working with i-Tree Streets on the PDA I cannot see all the fields. The page tabs that I assume should be at the bottom of the page as in previous versions are in the middle blocking my view of attributes that I assume are below the middle of the page. Are there any fixes for this? If not I will have to go back to an older version since I cannot see all the fields to collect data.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

iTree Streets compatibility with WM5

Post by azelaya »

Can you please provide us with some more information about the hand held device such as the Model, etc. that you are using for data collection. Also, were you able to run the STRATUM PDA utility on this same device without issues in the past?

We heard from a user having similar problems trying to use i-Tree Streets on a Trimble Nomad running Windows Mobile 6 classic. Our programmers are trying to find a solution. Thanks.
A member of the i-Tree Team
VT-EAB

Post by VT-EAB »

I have tried it on 2 devices. On the dell axim X51v with windows mobile 5.0 (OS 5.1.195) i-Tree Streets loads and works but does not display properly. The start up screen and log in screen show up fine. Once you start working on a tree where the page has tabs at the bottom it only takes up 1/2 the window.

I can load the previous version of STRATUM PDA utlity on the WM 5.0 and it works fine. I actually have both versions STRATUM & Streets installed.

On our Magellan MobileMapper with windows mobile 6 classic (CE OS 5.2.1440) i-Tree streets works perfectly, no issues at all.

Thank you very much for any help.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

i-Tree Streets Compatibility with Windows Mobile 5

Post by azelaya »

Thank you for supplying us with the additional details on your hand held devices. Unfortunately, we can not offer a quick fix at this time for the issues that you are having with the Dell Axim x51v.

We are limited to testing numerous devices with the use of emulators and can't often replicate user problems such as the display issue that you are having on the Dell. Testing on actual devices is the best way that we can confirm compatibility and we will continue to look into this problem and see if other users are having similar issues running the Streets PDA application.

We will continue to keep you posted with progress we make on this issue and appreciate your patience.

Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
dellings
i-Tree Team

Post by dellings »

The issue with your PDA device was a result of it's high resolution display. Typically, Windows Mobile devices have a resolution of 320x240. With the introduction of Windows Mobile 5, devices with resolutions of 640x480 started to appear on the market. To aid portability of applications between low resolution and high resolution devices, Windows mobile will try to scale applications according to screen size. In certain cases the automatic scaling doesn't work as expected. Typical signs of a scaling issue are items that appear half their height or width in size when compared to an older device. This issue has been corrected in iTree v3.0.2.