3.0 issues

Issues related to i-Tree v3.x can be posted in this section. If you encounter any issues, please pass the information along to i-Tree Support.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

PDA installation

Post by azelaya » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:17 am

It seems like you are following all the steps correctly. I have asked our programmers to look into this for possible guidance. Your patience is appreciated. Thanks, Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
MJKerr
i-Tree Team

Re: barking up the right tree?

Post by MJKerr » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:18 pm

JAH wrote:Al:

I'm working with Streets and have a configuration file, with no records in it, ready to load .

On the work with PDA screen I see the following:
Desktop Status-
Desktop Device Center ver 6.0 (in blue)
PDA Status-
PDA OS 5.1
.NET Version 1.0.4292.00 (in red)
Application Version Not installed (in red)

If I proceed with the installation, I get the appropriate screens telling me that the install completed normally, along with a report to that effect that I've included as an attachment.

Despite those assurances, the program doesn't load. I've shut down and rebooted with no affect.

Thanks for the help
JAH,

It looks like the installer is not seeing part of device center that it is looking for. You should have an "Upgrade" button for Device Center on the PDA form (window) in Streets. Mobile Device Center 6.1 is included in the i-Tree installation, in the folder "c:\Program Files\i-Tree\Installs\VistaDeviceCenter6.1" if the button is not displayed.

Please install the appropriate version (x86 for 32-bit system, ans x64 for 64-bit systems) and try again.

If this does not work (I believe it will,) you can try running the install manually as administrator. It is: "Installs\Streets PDA\i-Tree Streets PDA Installer.exe". Right click on the file and select "Run as administrator."

Please update us either way.

Thank you,
Michael
JAH

stumped

Post by JAH » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:58 pm

Michael:

Neither suggestion worked:
The updated drivers install from both of the x86 designated files in the Vista Device Center 6.1 folder (drvupdatex86-32 and WMDC61x86), but neither solves the problem.

I ran the installer "as administrator" from the .exe file in the Streets PDA folder. The Streets installation program goes through all the right moves; but does not, in fact, install the program on my PDA.

My Vista~Mobile Device Center~PDA connection is fine.

I'm stumped. Thanks for your help in resolving my dilemma.

John
MJKerr
i-Tree Team

Re: stumped

Post by MJKerr » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:02 am

JAH wrote:Michael:

Neither suggestion worked:
The updated drivers install from both of the x86 designated files in the Vista Device Center 6.1 folder (drvupdatex86-32 and WMDC61x86), but neither solves the problem.

I ran the installer "as administrator" from the .exe file in the Streets PDA folder. The Streets installation program goes through all the right moves; but does not, in fact, install the program on my PDA.

My Vista~Mobile Device Center~PDA connection is fine.

I'm stumped. Thanks for your help in resolving my dilemma.

John
I'm stumped as well. If you like, we can set up a net meeting and I can see exactly what's going wrong when it tries to install (and take control and fix it if you don't mind.)

Alternatively, it's a little ugly, but if you use 7-zip, you can extract the CAB from the PDA installer, copy it to your pda directly, and run the .CAB to install the app.

It seems your CEAppManager is nonexistent or not where the installer thinks it's located.

~Michael
MJKerr
i-Tree Team

Post by MJKerr » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:14 am

The user's issue was resolved by uninstalling all references to "Windows Mobile Device Center" in add/remove programs then reinstalling Mobile Device Center 6.