Tree Height in i-tree Eco

The i-Tree community plays a significant role in improving and defining the future capabilities of the i-Tree suite of tools. Therefore, your ideas and comments are important. This forum will serve as a place where i-Tree users can make suggestions on ways to improve all aspects of i-Tree from functionality to the website. The i-Tree executive committee will periodically review suggestions for feasibility and future implementation.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

cosmo8

Tree Height in i-tree Eco

Post by cosmo8 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Ok I am a new user of i-trees.

Does TOTHT mean total height of tree?

The selection in Eco-trees only allows for 150 ft tree. For example Sequoia Sempervirens, (Coastal Redwood) can grow taller than that.

Have a good day.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Tree height in Eco

Post by azelaya » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:39 pm

Yes, you are correct. It is total tree height and it has a limit of 150ft. The Eco (UFORE) model was designed for use in urban applications so trees like redwoods, douglas firs and others in natural forests may exceed the height limit. If you have trees that exceed the limit, you can mention the actual height of the individual trees when submitting your data. The Forest Service can make manual adjustments when running your data in the model.

Hope this helps,
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team