Eco - Sampling - Order of Direction and Distance to Object

The i-Tree community plays a significant role in improving and defining the future capabilities of the i-Tree suite of tools. Therefore, your ideas and comments are important. This forum will serve as a place where i-Tree users can make suggestions on ways to improve all aspects of i-Tree from functionality to the website. The i-Tree executive committee will periodically review suggestions for feasibility and future implementation.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

greenspaceintern

Eco - Sampling - Order of Direction and Distance to Object

Post by greenspaceintern » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:50 am

This is only a small tweak but in the General Info tab of iTree Eco Sampling the order of columns is "Distance to Object" followed by "Direction to Object." In the Tree Info tab, this order is switched which can be confusing when quickly entering data.
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Eco - Sampling - Order of Direction and Distance to Obje

Post by Jason.Henning » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:51 am

This is a great suggestions. I agree that anything we can do like this to minimize the data collection errors is helpful.

We are in the midst of doing a big update to i-Tree Eco and from what I have seen from the programmers there will be a big shift in how data entry works. Hopefully, it will smooth out issues like this. I will definitely hold on to your suggestion and make sure that it is on the list for future updates if it is not addressed in the next update.

Thanks for the idea and keep them coming.
A member of the i-Tree Team