iTree Streets- Data fields not showing up when out in field

Have you created a work-around to a problem you faced with i-Tree? Or have you built a usable tool, template, or guide that you think others might find useful? Use this forum to share your i-Tree tips & tricks.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

dtirinato

iTree Streets- Data fields not showing up when out in field

Post by dtirinato » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:21 pm

iTree Streets Question

My group didn't want to use the pest field, so we made our own in the customizable "other" categories.

In the desktop version, we have the pest field turned off and the 'other 3' turned on. However, out in the field on a mobile device, the other field that we made is grey-ed out and can not be filled out and the pest section is there.

Does anyone know why this is happening or have possible solutions?
Thanks!
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: iTree Streets- Data fields not showing up when out in field

Post by Jason.Henning » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:16 pm

Hello,
In order for changes that you make to the desktop project to show up on the mobile device please follow these steps.
1. Submit any data you have already collected from your mobile device and retrieve it into you desktop project. If you do not do this any collected data still on your mobile device will be lost during the update process.
2. Make the desired changes to your project on the desktop app.
3. From the "Data tab" on the desktop app resubmit your project to mobile using the "Submit to mobile" button.
4. Open the weblink on your mobile device.
5. Click on the settings gear wheel in the mobile data collection form and select "Reload project".

This should reset the mobile data collection form so that it agrees with whatever you submitted from the desktop application.
Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions at our support email address, info@itreetools.org.
Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team