STRATUM Implementation Training: Description and Materials

Here is where people providing i-Tree training can post anything relevant to that work: questions, comments, materials, proposals, etc.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

malonzo

STRATUM Implementation Training: Description and Materials

Post by malonzo » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:14 pm

Casey Trees recently partnered with participants from MD DNR, The City of Baltimore, Baltimore Parks and People, Fairfax County, Metro Washington Council of Governments, and the District of Columbia's Urban Forest Administration to put on a 5 hour STRATUM implementation training for metro-area attendees.

The training utilized lecture, group exercise, and case studies formats to focus on the following topic areas:
1. Overview of other i-Tree tools (other than STRATUM)
2. Background: The STRATUM model and application
3. Sampling and what to do prior to data collection
4. Baltimore case study: Inventory, working with volunteers, data QA/QC, inputting data into STRATUM
5. Group exercise: analyzing STRATUM reports
6. Hyattsville MD case study: tailoring STRATUM outputs for presentation to local audiences

Please refer to selected training materials for further information.

Mike Alonzo
malonzo@caseytrees.org
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jerry

Great stuf!

Post by Jerry » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:44 pm

Nice work, Mike! These materials will definitely be of use to others setting up workshops.

:D

Were you thinking of linking to the reports in a post in the Project Descriptions forum as well?

Jerry