Forecast failed! could not execute query

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Eco (UFORE)

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

vincentlemire

Forecast failed! could not execute query

Post by vincentlemire »

Hello everyone, I am attempting to run Forecast, but I encounter an error each time, regardless of the options selected (e.g., whether I include trees to plant or solely use the basic options). Everything appears to be correct with the data I've provided. When I launch Forecast, it loads until approximately 3/4 of the progress bar, and then the error occurs. There is a screenshot of the error below (here is a link to the image if it doesn't work : https://imgur.com/a/0MNj5A4 ).
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :)
Image.
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Forecast failed! could not execute query

Post by Jason.Henning »

Hi,
This typically happens for one of two reasons.
1. You may be using an outdated version of i-Tree Eco. Please click on the "Software Update" button under the Support tab within i-Tree Eco to ensure that you are using the latest version.
2. Your computer is running out of memory when running the Forecast model. If you have a project with a large number of trees or strata it creates a very large file that can overwhelm some computers. You can try reducing the number of years in your projection, reducing the number of trees, or reducing the number of strata to try to avoid this issue. Additionally, if you have access to a 64-bit computer with more RAM and a faster processor you may be able to get large Forecast runs to complete on that machine.
Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team
vincentlemire

Post by vincentlemire »

Jason.Henning wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:12 am Hi,
This typically happens for one of two reasons.
1. You may be using an outdated version of i-Tree Eco. Please click on the "Software Update" button under the Support tab within i-Tree Eco to ensure that you are using the latest version.
2. Your computer is running out of memory when running the Forecast model. If you have a project with a large number of trees or strata it creates a very large file that can overwhelm some computers. You can try reducing the number of years in your projection, reducing the number of trees, or reducing the number of strata to try to avoid this issue. Additionally, if you have access to a 64-bit computer with more RAM and a faster processor you may be able to get large Forecast runs to complete on that machine.
Thanks,
Jason
Hi Jason,
Thank you for the response!
Unfortunately, I've initiated the update (current installed, i-Tree suite version: 6.1.48) and it doesn't solve the issue. The tree inventory I'm using accounts for 8666 trees, and there is only one stratum (urban). I have a 64-bit computer with a physical memory (RAM) of 16.0 GB. I tried reducing the forecast to only 1 year and it still doesn't work.
Do you have any idea what could be the issue in this case ?
Thanks for the help !
Vincent
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Post by Jason.Henning »

Hi Vincent,
That size project isn't too big and it seems like your computer should be able to handle the Forecast model run. You can send a packed copy of your project to our support email info@itreetools.org and we can take a closer look.
Thanks,
Jason
vincentlemire

Post by vincentlemire »

Thank you, I will do that!
On another note, since I updated the version, I have been unable to specify the population number in the project configuration. Even if I enter a value, once I confirm the project configuration, it is automatically reset to 0. The same thing happens if i leave the default value when i click on "Is the study area Urban ?". Is this something you have observed before ?
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Post by Jason.Henning »

I haven't seen that before. We got your project at the support email and I'll have our developers take a look.
Thanks,
Jason