submit data to Mobile devices

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Eco (UFORE)

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

mdaniels502

submit data to Mobile devices

Post by mdaniels502 »

I am using Eco v6.0.32 and when I try to use the submit data to mobile devices tab, I have to click every tree that I am including in the inventory. In the video example, there is functionality to do a "select all" but in my version that isn't available or at least it doesn't appear to be. How do I get that "select all" button to show up because it is very time consuming to manually click every tree in my tree inventory.

thanks in advance.
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: submit data to Mobile devices

Post by Jason.Henning »

This issue is on our developers to do list. It will be addressed as time an funding allows. I know that this isn't at the top their list of issues and new features as it impacts relatively few users.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
-Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team
mdaniels502

Post by mdaniels502 »

Hi Jason,

In the example in the video tutorial there appears to be a “select all” button is there a way to go back to an earlier version to be able to choose all of the trees because they obviously had this feature at one point.
mdaniels502

Post by mdaniels502 »

Hi Jason,

In the example in the video tutorial there appears to be a “select all” button is there a way to go back to an earlier version to be able to choose all of the trees because they obviously had this feature at one point. Also, I am not sure why it would only impact a few users, I think it would impact all users.
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Post by Jason.Henning »

I checked in with the developers and the good news is that a select all toggle will appear in the next update we release for i-Tree Eco (v6.0.33). We are currently doing internal testing of that update and I would expect it to be released in the next month or so. That select all toggle that you see in that video was specific to plot-based projects but it is the feature that has been ported over to the complete inventory/individual tree type projects. You can check for software updates from the "Support" tab within i-Tree Eco.
As far as feature usage, most users already have data or use other data collection platforms. In those cases they import their data from spreadsheets and avoid the use of the mobile data collector in Eco. Even fewer users of Eco are using the mobile data collection platform to update existing tree records given the time, data management, and personnel challenges involved in repeat measurements. I do think more people could benefit from the type of work that you are doing. Case studies from other users are always more impactful than anything we create internally. If you are willing to share your experience as your project progresses we'd love to hear more about it. You can always reach us at the i-Tree support email address info@itreetools.org.
Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team