What is the correct way to enter a dead tree in Eco

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Eco (UFORE)

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

i-Tree Support
i-Tree Team

What is the correct way to enter a dead tree in Eco

Post by i-Tree Support » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:57 pm

Eco still requires a DBH value and tree height value for dead tree entry along with species if known. The % dieback and % canopy missing values should be entered as 100% also. Remaining tree measurement values live top, crown base, crown width, CLE are entered as -1.

The Eco PDA has a check box which will fill in the remaining dead tree values but you will need to enter the same information in the manual data entry screen if you are not using the PDA application.

If you can’t identify the specific species or a genus of a dead tree, you can use species codes for hardwood (MACLASS) or softwood (PICLASS) trees. If you can’t tell if it is a hardwood or softwood, you will have to do your best to choose between the (2) options based on what is most likely to be growing in a given area. The model will not accept the unknown species codes to run the analysis and will require that you assign an acceptable code.

See an example of Eco dead tree entry. http://www.itreetools.org/eco/resources ... _entry.pdf

Al
a member of the i-Tree Team