Joining plot-based inventary with single trees inventory

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Eco (UFORE)

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

ia89

Joining plot-based inventary with single trees inventory

Post by ia89 »

Dear i-Tree Eco Support team,

I am working at an urban forest project in Germany called GrüneLunge- We have already created a project in i-Tree Eco, where we measured about 3000 trees in 201 random selected plots. Now we have new data taken from our students that measured single trees in streets and parks (NOT plot based). We would like to put all the data together for differet kinds of analysis. We would like to calculate the ecosystem services of single trees using i-Tree Eco and then calculate other ecosystem services (such as cultural ES) by our own. Our aim is to create a point-system to evaluate ecosystem services for single trees.

Do you think that it make sense to put the data together in a new project in i-Tree Eco ? Is there a problem to put together two datasets, plot based, and not blot based?

Or should we have 2 different projects? One for the plot-based data, and another for the single trees data?

Thanks in advance

Iulia Almeida
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Joining plot-based inventary with single trees inventory

Post by Jason.Henning »

Hi Iulia,
Within i-Tree Eco there is not a way to create a project that can handle both plot-based and single tree data. The underlying database structure for the two project types (called plot sample and complete inventory in Eco) are very different and incompatible. The easiest way forward for your work is to create two different projects for the two different data types.
We have hi-res versions of our logo here if it would be helpful to add the i-Tree logo to your site.
Thanks for your question. It sounds like a great project you are working on.
-Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team