Resolve Conflict Warning

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Eco (UFORE)

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

Amy

Resolve Conflict Warning

Post by Amy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:18 pm

I am occasionally getting a revision warning when I go to retrieve data from mobile submissions. It says The Revision of the Plot being updated is [one number]. Data based upon revision [other number] is being imported. How do you want to resolve this conflict. And I have no idea how to resolve it. Help!
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Resolve Conflict Warning

Post by Jason.Henning » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:24 am

Hi Amy,
Those warnings have to do with how i-Tree Eco manages retrieving data from mobile devices. Typically, you get those messages if some change has been made to the data on more than once before retrieval. For example you may have had multiple people submit data from mobile for the same plot or the same plot submitted multiple times from a single device. In those cases i-Tree Eco knows when it last revised the data and it knows the revisions being submitted but it doesn't know how to order them. In most cases you will want to use the data that was submitted last but i-Tree Eco doesn't have any idea which data that is. If you are submitting plot data you can avoid these issues by only submitting data once for each plot and only when the plot is completely finished. Otherwise it will be up to you to decide which retrieval data you want to use.
There is one other instance where you can get these warnings. Occasionally, if you are submitting data over a spotty internet connection the data will be submitted multiple times. In these case the data should be identical data so it doesn't matter which one you accept.
Sorry I can't tell you exactly which version you should accept when retrieving data but it is difficult to know without understanding the exact workflow. You may want to try just reconciling one of those records (i.e. selecting the one you think contains all the latest data) then double check your data in the i-Tree Eco program on your computer to make sure the data is correct. Hopefully, this helps you better understand the decision you are making.
Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team