Energy savings

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Eco (UFORE)

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

Lbauer12

Energy savings

Post by Lbauer12 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:41 am

Does this function work without adding tree height and canopy width? Will it be somewhat accurate?
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Energy savings

Post by Jason.Henning » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:17 am

The Energy savings in i-Tree Eco will work without the crown measurements. However, you do need to enable the "Energy (building interactions) option under "Data Collection Options" during project set up and you do need to collect measurements of the distance and direction to residential structures 2.5 stories tall or less. You will not get energy saving estimates for any trees that do not have that data collected and trees must be withing 60 feet of a structure to provide energy benefits. The model will make some assumptions about the size of the tree crown in doing those calculations. It should be accurate on average or over your population of trees. It will likely be less accurate if you are interested in any one individual tree. Please see this document from the "Manuals and Workbooks" section of our website for more details about how different benefit estimates are related to different field measurements, http://www.itreetools.org/resources/man ... ations.pdf.
Thanks for the question.
-Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team