What does i-Tree Eco v6 calculate?

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Eco (UFORE)

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

i-Tree Support
i-Tree Team

What does i-Tree Eco v6 calculate?

Post by i-Tree Support » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:49 pm

i-Tree Eco v6 is currently designed to provide estimates of:

Urban forest structure - Species composition, number of trees, tree density, tree health, etc.

Pollution reduction - Hourly amount of pollution removed by the urban forest, and associated percent air quality improvement throughout a year. Pollution removal is calculated for ozone, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, carbon monoxide and particulate matter 2.5 (<2.5 microns).

Public health impacts – Health incidence reduction and economic benefit based on the effect of trees on air quality improvement for the United States only.

Carbon - Total carbon stored and net carbon annually sequestered by the urban forest.

Energy Effects - Effects of trees on building energy use and consequent effects on carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.

Avoided runoff - Yearly avoided runoff attributed to trees summarized by tree species or strata.

Forecasting - Models tree and forest growth over time; considers factors like mortality rates, tree planting inputs, pest and disease impacts and storm effects. Some ecosystem services including carbon and pollution benefits are also forecasted.

Bioemissions - Hourly urban forest volatile organic compound emissions and the relative impact of tree species on net ozone and carbon monoxide formation throughout the year.

Values - Compensatory value of the forest, as well as the estimated economic value of ecosystem services.

Potential pest impacts - based on host susceptibility, pest/disease range and tree structural value.

All reporting options may not be available depending on project configuration, data options and project country location.