Estimates impacted by the Eco v6.0.4 (Suite v6.1.16) update

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Eco (UFORE)

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

rcoville
i-Tree Team

Estimates impacted by the Eco v6.0.4 (Suite v6.1.16) update

Post by rcoville » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:32 am

The carbon sequestration, oxygen, and structural value estimates are slightly different after updating to Eco version 6.0.4 due to a change in how tree condition/dieback information is processed.

Up to version 6.0.3, the user-defined dieback categories were grouped into 7 standard report dieback categories BEFORE any calculations were run on the data. In v6.0.4 onward, calculations use an expanded set of dieback categories for running the calculations and LATER group the results into the 7 standard report categories. With this change, carbon sequestration and compensatory results are impacted because dieback values may be broken into different categories for calculation as compared to the 7 static categories in v6.0.3.

Please see the table below for a visual explanation of how dieback processing has changed:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A member of the i-Tree Team

Please provide feedback on our technical support services by clicking here to take our 5 minute survey