Avoided Runoff

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Eco (UFORE)

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

hannses helly

Avoided Runoff

Post by hannses helly » Fri May 12, 2023 7:14 am

Hello,

as i have been modeling some projects i realised i never do account values for Avoided Runoff.
I was alwasys taking the Area and multiplying by some municipalities fees to get a value.

But now I was wondering because the model seems to be abit more advanced as my technique. Is this due to the amount of trees on my area or how can i interpret this ?

Greetings
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Avoided Runoff

Post by Jason.Henning » Tue May 16, 2023 8:35 am

Hi Hannses,
If you are doing a plot-based project the tool is essentially determining the average per-hectare avoided runoff from just the trees on your measured plots and then applying that to the total study area you enter in the project & strata area table. For more details on how the hydrology model works you could check out the relevant section in our Understanding i-Tree Document.
-Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team
hannses helly

Re: Avoided Runoff

Post by hannses helly » Tue May 16, 2023 10:06 am

Hi Jason,

As i was doing this for different projects (plot based and complete) i realized there is no weather data available.
As I´m doing this from Germany and in my sourrunding it does not provide Weather and Pollution data from this year but 2015, i was using 2015 Data.
So Weather data should be there...but i`m wondering is this normal or does it only function in the US ?

Greetings

Hannsen