post stratification

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Eco (UFORE)

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

hannses helly

post stratification

Post by hannses helly » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:01 am

Hey,

i got some problems with my data, i realized to late the function of managing the plot size in a plot based inventory.
So now i have data and plots but no stratification...does anybody knows how to proceed now ?

I thought about creating new projects and import the data, but this is only possible for complete inventory. I´m just feeling shit to start the project again just because i forgot the stratification.

I hope somebody could help

greetings

hannes
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: post stratification

Post by Jason.Henning » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:22 am

Hi Hannes,
You should be able to post stratify without issue. If you are using the mobile data collection system please make sure that all outstanding data is retrieved into your project before beginning the stratification process. You will then need to update your mobile data collection links and reload the configuration of the mobile devices to ensure that the stratification is correctly applied to any new field data you collect. We have a document that covers the post-stratification process in depth here, https://www.itreetools.org/documents/26 ... amples.pdf. In broad strokes the process involves the following steps:
  1. Under the "Project Configuration" tab click on "Project & Strata Area" and add a row to the table defining each of your strata and providing its area. You may need to set the "Editing Mode" to "on" before editing that table.
  2. Under the "Data" tab open the "Plots" table and assign each of your plots to the correct stratum.
  3. Under the "Reports" tab "Submit data for processing."
The only step that is really time consuming is assigning each of your plots to the correct stratum but it is much less time consuming than reentering all of your data.
Hope that helps.
Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team
hannses helly

Re: post stratification

Post by hannses helly » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:32 am

Thank you so much!
i will try this you saved me alot of time !!