iTree Eco Tree Cover error

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Eco (UFORE)

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

LStott

iTree Eco Tree Cover error

Post by LStott » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:29 pm

I updated iTree Eco to latest version (6.0.25) and ran a complete inventory for a regional park that is mostly 70-80% covered by trees. I added strata to the study and was able to calculate an area for each stratum type. The total area of study is The odd thing is that the report indicates 7% tree canopy cover(?). What is weird is that the total area of the park and strata is 1649 ha in the project description and the values given in report for total leaf cover area is 18.51 square km or 1851 km. I have run the project several times now but cannot figure out why the cover percent is so low. Has anyone else run into this issue? We are using LiDAR derived tree canopy and have over 28 thousand trees and the strata is associated with each individual tree in the Excel file we used to import the data into the project. I used ArcGIS to calculate and summarize the total areas for each strata in study area but the study area is a bit bigger then the combined strata area (with roads and river through center of study area). I have read through the documents and forum but cannot see a solution or error that I may have made in the project set up. Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated! :D
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: iTree Eco Tree Cover error

Post by Jason.Henning » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:27 am

We'd be happy to help try and figure out the issue. Please send your packed project to the i-Tree support email info@itreetools.org and we can take a close look.
Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team
LStott

Re: iTree Eco Tree Cover error

Post by LStott » Sun May 15, 2022 1:00 am

Hi Jason, It is ok. I found the error and was able to fix it!