How does the dataflow go?

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Eco (UFORE)

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

ADJ

How does the dataflow go?

Post by ADJ » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:02 am

Hi, due to Security reasons, I would like to know how the application connects the filled-in data to the Cooperative (mentioned in the EULA) to receive a report. Is all data being stored at the Coorperative and is the application connected to this platform where it is stored? If so, is this based in America?
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: How does the dataflow go?

Post by Jason.Henning » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:25 am

This question is difficult to answer without knowing which of the i-Tree tools you are using. Data in some of the on-line tools (e.g. i-Tree Design and i-Tree Canopy) are never stored anywhere but the user's own machine. Data submitted through i-Tree Eco is processed on a server owned by the Davey Tree Expert Company and located in Kent, Ohio. This data is never made available to other users. Data submitted through MyTree will also be stored on a Davey owned server but will be added to a public facing map.
-Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team
ADJ

Post by ADJ » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:44 am

Hi Jonathan, thanks for your answer! We use i-Tree Eco through the dowload of the application. So once the data is being submitted, do you guys get an email or alert that new data has been submitted? Trying to find the way that process goes :) And if the data is being saved on the server of Davey, how is the performance calcualtion being made? Is this an automatic process?
Thanks in advance!
Erika.Teach

Post by Erika.Teach » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:29 am

Hello,
The processing of Eco projects is automated. We do not receive notifications when projects are submitted or processed.

I hope this answers your question, Erika