Can information be loaded into the i-tree database from years other than the range they give me?

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Eco (UFORE)

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

Claudia G

Can information be loaded into the i-tree database from years other than the range they give me?

Post by Claudia G » Thu May 13, 2021 2:21 pm

I am currently developing a project in a country which is not registered in the database. When trying to upload this information (location, precipitation and pollutants) it only allows me to upload years prior to 2018. Is there a way to upload information for 2019?
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Can information be loaded into the i-tree database from years other than the range they give me?

Post by Jason.Henning » Thu May 13, 2021 3:29 pm

Hi Claudia,
Unfortunately, we can currently only accept data through 2018. This is because the data must be linked with existing weather data from the National Climatic Data Center (https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/). That data is generally not released for up to a year. So the 2019 data wasn't released until late 2020. Once we are able to get that data it takes us some time to process it for all locations and get it integrated into the software. For this reason we will typically always be 2 to 3 years behind the current year. I would expect that 2019 data will be accepted near the end of 2021 or early in 2022.
Thanks for your question.
-Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team