Cannot enter data into Land Use field in i-tree v6

Section for general i-Tree questions on installation, system requirements, registration, international use, etc.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

Christian

Cannot enter data into Land Use field in i-tree v6

Post by Christian » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:53 am

Hello

The entire problem is pretty much summed up in the title. There are no options in the drop down menu when I click on Land Use. I guess I'm hoping someone else has figured out a solution to this or can tell me if I'm simply missing something.

Thanks for any help.
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Cannot enter data into Land Use field in i-tree v6

Post by Jason.Henning » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:52 am

Hi Christian,
There could be a few things going on here. Here are the first tw0 things I would look at.
1. Make sure that the "land use" field is selected under your "Data Collection Options". You can check those options by going to the "Project Configuration" tab, selecting "Project Definition" then clicking on the "Data Collection Options" tab. Make sure that "Land Use" has a check mark next to it.
2. Make sure that the "Land use" table is populated. Under the "Project Configuration" tab click on the "Land Use" button and make sure that the land use table has the categories that you would like to have available for the data entry drop-down.
Of course this could always be a bug or another issue with your project file. If the above suggestions don't help resolve the problem feel free to send your packed project to our support email, info@itreetools.org. You can create a packed project from the "File" menu in Eco. If you do email us be sure to reference this forum post. That will help the person monitoring the support email get up to speed on the issue and what you have already tried.
Thanks for your question,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team
Christian

Post by Christian » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:56 am

The land use data is definitely selected under Data Collection options.
The Land Use table is populated with all the default options.

I still can't seem to get it to work but it's not crucial for the project so I might simply deselect it!

Thanks for your help, I'll send it on to the support email if I change my mind.
Erika.Teach

Post by Erika.Teach » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:17 am

Hi Christian,

Please pack the project you are having issues with and send it to us at info@itreetools.org

To do this, open the project, click on File and Pack Project, this will create a zip file you can email to us.

Thanks, Erika