Windows in Virtual Box

Section for general i-Tree questions on installation, system requirements, registration, international use, etc.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

MWind

Windows in Virtual Box

Post by MWind » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:57 am

Hello there,

Does someone have experience using i-Tree Eco on a Mac inside Virtual Box 6.0 with 64 bit version of Windows 10?
At my MacBook it was working for about half a year fine until an update of Windows.
After that I set back the whole Virtual Box system from an earlier date that I knew i-Tree was working proper.
Than it worked fine again, than I installed the lates update from i-Tree, version 6.1.33 from Januari 13, 2020.

It worked well untill today Windows system started a new update from Februari 11. Uninstall the update does not help. So I have again to go back to earlier date in the system and set back the old stuff.

Does anybody has same kind of problems?
MWind
dellings
i-Tree Team

Re: Windows in Virtual Box

Post by dellings » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:44 pm

We are aware of numerous issues with i-Tree Eco when running i-Tree Eco on Windows 10. Microsoft has been continuously pushing a new versions of the Microsoft Access Database Engine via Windows Updates which are incompatible with i-Tree Eco. Please try performing the steps describe here to see if it resolves your issues: Eco v6 crashed or stopped working
MWind

Re: Windows in Virtual Box

Post by MWind » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:31 pm

Hello dellings ,
Thank you for this suggestion. I followed the link and uninstalled the mentionened file, downloaded new file, installed it and restart computer. Not any action starting Eco v6. Did the same again,now using REVO-Uninstaller. Same, nothing happening when clicking the icon of Eco v6 in program map or in scroll menu. Just nothing.
I have no MSOffice installed here because I have Office365 installed on my MacBook. The only software I have in Windows in VirtualBox is i-Tree, CCleaner, RevoUninstaller and GoogleChrome.