data import wizard ,unhandled exception error ?

Section for general i-Tree questions on installation, system requirements, registration, international use, etc.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

greattree

data import wizard ,unhandled exception error ?

Post by greattree » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:10 pm

Anyone know what is going on ? Once i import my excel data approx 10000 trees with dbh, id number ,address,lat,long, it goes in ok but then it freezes up. The data import wizard works fine until i start to match trees in my excel to what eco v6 wants.for its eco value cell.(what it needs to id a tree). The error i get is unhandled exception. You can ignore but then i get a big red x where im trying to id trees for eco ?
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: data import wizard ,unhandled exception error ?

Post by Jason.Henning » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:35 pm

Sorry to hear you are having issues with import. This may be tough to diagnose without seeing your data.
One issue that we occasionally see with import is that the wizard doesn't function well if the file being imported is open in other software. Please make sure that your spreadsheet is not open in Excel or any other program before giving the import another try.
If that does not resolve the issue you can send us your empty project and the spreadsheet you are trying to import at the i-Tree support email, info@itreetools.org. If possible please also send along a screenshot of the i-Tree Eco application showing the error message.
Thanks for your interest in i-Tree.
-Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team