What should I do when receiving a Crystal Reports download error during installation?

Section for general i-Tree questions on installation, system requirements, registration, international use, etc.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

azelaya
i-Tree Team

What should I do when receiving a Crystal Reports download error during installation?

Post by azelaya » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:34 pm

Some i-Tree Suite v6.1.28 version users running Windows 10 Enterprise operating systems have encountered the following error during the installation process:

An error occurred while downloading the file http://support.itreetools.org/i-Tree Setup/CRRuntime_32bit_13_0-20.msi. What would you like to do?

This error occurs during the download of Crystal Reports during the early stages of the i-Tree install process. The legacy application i-Tree Streets requires the CR download but it is not currently possible to bypass the download by selecting "Custom" installation if Streets is not needed. Note that installing i-Tree requires both the 32bit and 64bit Crystal Reports installation regardless if a machine is a 64bit computer.

As an interim work-around, users are advised to add the Crystal Reports 32 and 64 bit installations manually on the computer from the following link prior to installing the i-Tree Suite. The standalone CR installation versions below are specific to i-Tree. You should uninstall Crystal Reports using Control Panel if you installed CR from the SAP website as that version may not be compatible with i-Tree Streets.

You can then try downloading and installing both CR versions directly from the following links:
Crystal Reports 64 bit Installer
Crystal Reports 32 bit Installer

These are direct links to the site on our server where the i-Tree compatible version of the 64 & 32 bit Crystal Reports installations reside. After installing, these, please try to run the i-Tree installation.

We hope a future update will address how the Crystal Reports installation is handled to allow users to bypass CR if Streets is not needed.
A member of the i-Tree Team
alibama

Re: What should I do when receiving a Crystal Reports download error during installation?

Post by alibama » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:26 am

hey folks - those direct links don't seem to be working? trying to get installed and bumping in to the same issue = thanks for taking a look, really excited about the product... i'm on the tree commission in charlottesville and want to learn as much as possible about our local opportunities as possible. looking forward to meeting the online community

anson
alibama

Re: What should I do when receiving a Crystal Reports download error during installation?

Post by alibama » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:11 pm

finally found downloads for the CR components - CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_12 and CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_12 but after installing and rebooting i'm still getting a pending review on the itree tools installation - any help appreciated
c.khanolkar

Post by c.khanolkar » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:28 am

Both links for crystal reports installation are returning "error 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable"
Is there any other means to install SAP crystal reports runtime?
Kindly guide
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Post by Jason.Henning » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:29 am

We are looking into having those links fixed or the files reposted.
Anson, I am not sure I have ever seen that "pending" issue you mentioned. If you are on a government, university, or other controlled network it may be some firewall setting preventing the installation. If that is the case you may need to check in with your IT folks. If you don't think that is the case could you send us a screen shot of the error message to our support email address, info@itreetools.org?
Thanks,
Jason
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Post by Jason.Henning » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:03 am

UPDATE: Those links have been restored. Occasionally, firewalls or internet browser settings may prevent their download and installation. In those cases you may want to try copying and pasting the URL directly into your web browser. Unfortunately, we generally cannot resolve issues caused by outside firewalls or restrictions.
alibama

Post by alibama » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:15 pm

hey folks - i did some kinda nasty hacking and got stuff working... here's the recipe...

download the proper CR files - if you google them exactly you should be able to find them
install a local web server (i used apache) and add a new directory in the root directory called "i-Tree Setup" and move the files in there... at

http://localhost/i-Tree Setup/CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_20.msi should download the file from your computer back to your computer :)

now edit c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts and add
127.0.0.1 support.itreetools.org in to the file, save and close

you may need to flush DNS cache locally....

this will trick the installer in to finding the files locally and installing them....

and voila... it's loaded and installed!

ugly as sin, but it works, and this may help someone else (although i kinda hope not!)
dellings
i-Tree Team

Post by dellings » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:29 am

The recommended approach is to download the files from our support site and install them prior to running the installation. When installing i-Tree on a lot of computers for the first time, this may be a preferable alternative than having to wait for each computer to download them.

Despite the fact that these dependencies are only required for i-Tree Streets, the Windows Installer Service does not provide a mechanism to only download and install these dependencies when i-Tree Streets is installed. The i-Tree installer only downloads and installs these dependencies when they are not already installed, and are thus not downloaded and re-installed during upgrades.