This post has been updated for i-Tree version 5 applications.
i-Tree version 5 offers users a new option to use a mobile data collection system with devices such as smartphones and tablets with internet connectivity. In addition, the older PDA utilities are still available in Streets & Eco with compatible devices running the Windows Mobile 5.0 -6.5 O/S. There is more information regarding the Mobile data collection systems on the i-Tree website http://www.itreetools.org/mobile/index.php
i-Tree does not recommend specific devices as we are limited in testing units and therefore rely on user feedback. The following web page http://www.itreetools.org/installation/index.php lists current system requirements and information on some devices
Aside from the operating system, there are no particular requirements. In choosing your model, you should consider price, additional features, and accessories that increase functionality for field data collection:
· Weatherized models can be a great advantage where rain can be expected during data collection.
· A back-up media slot facilitates data transfer and protects against lost data.
· Protective slipcovers or carrying cases can add extra protection.
· High capacity batteries or a power pack add extended operating time.
· Screen protectors protect the screen from dust and repeated stylus tapping.
· Spare stylus avoids unnecessary down time.
Section for general i-Tree questions on installation, system requirements, registration, international use, etc.
1 post • Page 1 of 1