CoolAir

Section for general i-Tree questions on installation, system requirements, registration, international use, etc.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

ValeB

CoolAir

Post by ValeB » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:04 am

Good morning,

We are trying to use the Hydro+ CoolAir model, but we get many no data cells in the output, they seem to all correspond to specific land use. But even if we change that specific code to a different one the problem persists.
We don't understand if that is the problem or it is due to the tree cover or the impervious cover file or what else.
Can you give us any advice? Or do you know if anyone encounters any similar problems?

Thank you for your attention.
James.Kruegler

Re: CoolAir

Post by James.Kruegler » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:19 am

Hi ValeB,

Thanks for your interest in the CoolAir model. I have a few questions to clarify where and how this issue is happening:
  • Are you seeing no data cells in Heat output, Hydro output, or both?
  • Which land cover codes have you tried using so far?
To test if your land cover is causing the issue, you can try changing all your land cover to code 21, since the model should recognize that without problems. If that does not resolve the issue, one or more of the other input files could be the cause. At that point I would recommend making a copy of one of the CoolAir test case folders and incrementally changing that project by adding your inputs one at a time, running the model each time you change something. In this way you start with a working project and can identify which of your own inputs makes the project stop working.
A member of the i-Tree Team

Please provide feedback on our technical support services by clicking here to take our 5 minute survey
ValeB

Re: CoolAir

Post by ValeB » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:11 am

Hi James.Kruegler,

We tried how you suggested and in the end, we were able to fix the problem.
Thank you so much for your help!