What is the cost of i-tree?

Section for general i-Tree questions on installation, system requirements, registration, international use, etc.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

i-Tree Support
i-Tree Team

What is the cost of i-tree?

Post by i-Tree Support » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:22 am

The i-Tree Software Suite was developed with public monies and has been released to the public domain, so there is no cost to the user. In addition, there is no fee for processing international i-Tree Eco projects either.
Johan Rudolph

Re: What is the cost of i-tree?

Post by Johan Rudolph » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:03 am

I like that its free first of all. But it does more than just give information on trees, it can also be used to see how trees effect water quality which is a big part of what we do every day at UC Davis. It has a ton of features, which can seem a little overwhelming at first, but once you play around with the sight a bit it is actually incredibly helpful.
Johan Rudolph

Post by Johan Rudolph » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:28 am

The cost of i-tree software is different from one another.
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Post by Jason.Henning » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:06 am

As mentioned in the original post there is no cost to typical users of any the i-Tree tools inside or outside of the US. There can be costs with expanding certain tools to whole countries outside the US. Additionally, there can be a nominal fee for certain power users who require high numbers of API connections generally as part of integration into their own paid software or platforms. If you have additional questions about the API or whole country build-out please contact us at info@itreetools.org.
Again, there is no cost the typical i-Tree user, there are no ads, and there is little to no collection of user data. In the cases where user data is collected, it is generally used to provide users with access to their existing projects or to allow retrieval of i-Tree Eco results. This data is never sold or otherwise monetized.
-Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team