02 production and UV effect

Have you used i-Tree components for your own project? This is the place to tell others about your experiences—and to link to online results, images, reports, and publicity. Relevant topics include project area, challenges, organization, methods, and effects.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

hdelaconcha

02 production and UV effect

Post by hdelaconcha » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:41 am

I was wondering if O2 production and the UV effect, and the Bioemissions calculations, are parameters based only on tree characteristics, just like the C secuestration. I am writing the report on Playa del Carmen and since they do not have pollution info I wonder if I could discuss this 2 benefits of the trees, without the pollution info in other words if this is info is useful even If I dont have pollution data.

gracias
Horacio de la Concha
AGRINET SA de CV
Cuernavaca MEXICO
hdelaconcha@agrinet.com.mx
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: 02 production and UV effect

Post by Jason.Henning » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi Horacio,
The O2 production should be fine for you to use. That information is generated as a corollary to CO2 sequestration.
The UV information relies on data from the weather station you select. If you are using a non-local weather station then it is likely those results will not be appropriate for your location. You can see the UV input data used under the "Pollution and Weather" drop down on the reports tab.
Thanks for your question.
-Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team