Reports By Species and By Strata

Have you used i-Tree components for your own project? This is the place to tell others about your experiences—and to link to online results, images, reports, and publicity. Relevant topics include project area, challenges, organization, methods, and effects.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

hdelaconcha

Reports By Species and By Strata

Post by hdelaconcha » Sat May 06, 2017 12:26 pm

I noticed that the reports by strata refer to the trees sampled and the ones by species to the population. I wonder why and then how can I interpret Canopy cover and Basal Area because Leaf Area & Leaf Biomass are in both reports so I can use the population info but the first 2, what do you suggest.

Gracias
Horacio de la Concha
AGRINET SA de CV
Cuernavaca MEXICO
hdelaconcha@agrinet.com.mx
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Reports By Species and By Strata

Post by Jason.Henning » Mon May 08, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi Horacio,
If you are referring the the reports under the "Measured tree details" tab those only provide information about the trees that are sampled if you have done a plot based sample. Neither the "Measured tree details>Composition and Structure>by species" nor the "Measured tree details>Composition and Structure>by strata" provide any information about the population. All of the "measured tree details" reports refer only to the trees that were actually measured.
Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team