Evergreen oaks

Have you used i-Tree components for your own project? This is the place to tell others about your experiences—and to link to online results, images, reports, and publicity. Relevant topics include project area, challenges, organization, methods, and effects.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

RPA

Evergreen oaks

Post by RPA » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:01 am

Hi,

I am designing my I-Tree Eco project for a Mediterranean park where the evergreen oaks (quercus ilex, quercus suber) are the dominant species.

With great surprise I noticed that these two species are not present in the I-Tree database, although Morani et al. 2014 (environmental pollution) have assessed the ozone deposition in a periurban Mediterranean forest, in which quercus ilex and quercus suber are the main species, by using I-Tree model.

Why evergreen oaks are not included in the I-Tree database? Will they be incorporated in the next I-Tree version?
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Evergreen oaks

Post by Jason.Henning » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:59 am

Hi,
These species and some other Quercus species have been moved under the live oak complex. The common names, species codes, and scientific names for finding them in the i-Tree Eco database are as follows:

ID Code Scientific name Common name
4822 QUAG Quercus/live agrifolia Coastal live oak
4826 QUAR Quercus/live arizonica Arizona white oak
4854 QUCH Quercus/live chrysolepis Canyon live oak
4871 QUEM Quercus/live emoryi Emory oak
4881 QUFU Quercus/live fusiformis Plateau oak
4886 QUGE2 Quercus/live geminata Sand live oak
4903 QUHY Quercus/live hypoleucoides Silver leaf oak
4904 QUIL2 Quercus/live ilex Holly oak
4944 QUOB Quercus/live oblongifolia Mexican blue oak
4958 QUPO2 Quercus/live polymorpha Netleaf white oak
4963 QUPU Quercus/live pungens Pungent oak
4987 QUSU Quercus/live suber Cork oak
4993 QUTO Quercus/live tomentella Island live oak
4997 QUTU2 Quercus/live turbinella Sonoran scrub oak
4998 QUVA Quercus/live vacciniifolia Huckleberry oak
5004 QUVI Quercus/live virginiana Live oak
5008 QUWI Quercus/live wislizeni Interior live oak

These species are listed in the i-Tree Eco v6 species list, http://www.itreetools.org/eco/resources ... t2016.xlsx. Please note the this species list is only relevant to i-Tree Eco.

Lastly, if you do find that a species you are interested in is not in our database you can always submit the necessary data to have a new species added using the i-Tree Database tool, http://www.itreetools.org/database/

Thanks for your question.
-Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team