Can I incorporate the Spanish common name in the data?

Have you used i-Tree components for your own project? This is the place to tell others about your experiences—and to link to online results, images, reports, and publicity. Relevant topics include project area, challenges, organization, methods, and effects.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

hdelaconcha

Can I incorporate the Spanish common name in the data?

Post by hdelaconcha » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:23 pm

First, thanks for the tip on how to change with excel the sci name for the local spanish name. Now the question is if I do this in the TREE TABLE in excel can I import it back before submitting the data so the reports will show this name?? I assuming already the answer is no. But the other option will be to export everything into excel and make the graphs and tables, at least some of them myself, and just translate the ones that make calculations (like leaf area, biomass and so on) later. Am I right?
Thanks

Also I resubmitted the Playa del Carmen Zona Centro again and go it back right away to be able to work with it for my seminar in 3 weeks.
Horacio de la Concha
AGRINET SA de CV
Cuernavaca MEXICO
hdelaconcha@agrinet.com.mx
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Can I incorporate the Spanish common name in the data?

Post by Jason.Henning » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:39 am

Glad to hear the Playa del Carmen project is working without issue.
Your assumption is correct. There is no way to bulk import common names back into i-Tree Eco. Unfortunately, the only solution at this time is to export the reports you are interested in and reformat them.
I will let our development team know that some type of renaming convention is of interest to our international users.
Thanks for your question.
-Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team