Trial Runs

Have you used i-Tree components for your own project? This is the place to tell others about your experiences—and to link to online results, images, reports, and publicity. Relevant topics include project area, challenges, organization, methods, and effects.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

hdelaconcha

Trial Runs

Post by hdelaconcha » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:55 pm

I recently did a trial run with one area out of 5 from my PLaya del Carmen project, and it came out fine. I downloaded it in doc format but couldn't get some of the graphs so I went ahead and printed a pdf version but then I wanted to go back to try the forecast options and I found out that the METADATA told me the project hadn't been run?? I was wondering are the results temporary stored then erased? I submitted again the data because I want to use them for the seminar I will be giving, specially the FORECAST option. THe basic question is how do the results work then? only ONLINE? or are they downloaded somehow, if not then I guess I have to download into a file a copy right?

gracias
Horacio de la COncha
Horacio de la Concha
AGRINET SA de CV
Cuernavaca MEXICO
hdelaconcha@agrinet.com.mx
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Trial Runs

Post by Jason.Henning » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:28 am

Hi Horacio,
When you retrieve your results they are permanently downloaded into your project. In general we see two potential work flows that would cause those reports to become unavailable. Occasionally, we see this if a user has multiple copies of a single project and they accidentally open one that has not been submitted. More often those reports will become unavailable if a user changes the editing mode from "off" to "on" on the Data tab. This is a built in feature to ensure that the reports that users are seeing reflect the data they have entered. Note that changing the "Editing mode" on the Forecast tab will only impact the "Active" Forecast configuration results while changing the Editing mode on the "Project Configuration" or "Data" tabs will make all reports unavailable and require your project to be resubmitted.
A member of the i-Tree Team