Sending links to several crews

Have you used i-Tree components for your own project? This is the place to tell others about your experiences—and to link to online results, images, reports, and publicity. Relevant topics include project area, challenges, organization, methods, and effects.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

hdelaconcha

Sending links to several crews

Post by hdelaconcha » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:19 pm

First, thanks for helping me recover the info. It was not much but it helped. Now I am making backups more often. Second, when I send plots to crews and I send several at the same time some crews if they do not "download" right away and they reload they get the plots from a previous submisson. How do this works? I have tried to close the program and reopen and also send with a lot of time between crews but have not figure it out. What do you suggest?

Thanks

By the way I will very soon submit a strata of data to see how it goes I have not finished the whole 600 plots just 10% of them in one strata. Also I am almost finish checking the pollution data, on the climate data you only need precipitation?? and the format is different in the london example than the pollution data in the sense that the date and time are in the same cell in the precipitation data, should I present it like this??
Horacio de la Concha
AGRINET SA de CV
Cuernavaca MEXICO
hdelaconcha@agrinet.com.mx
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Sending links to several crews

Post by Jason.Henning » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:25 pm

Hi Horacio,
I'm not sure I completely understand your question but here is what I think the optimal workflow is for your approach:
1. Using the "Submit to mobile" tool in i-Tree Eco v6" select the plots you want to share with Group 1 and click on "Submit Project" within that tool.
2. Let Group 1 know that you have shared new plots.
3. Group 1 should then open the data collection link. It can be the link the group had used previously which should be identical to the newly generated one. Once the link is open on their device they should click on the settings gear wheel in the upper left corner. Then select "Reload project". That will get them the latest list of plots and remove any unsubmitted plots or data already on their device. If they don't do the "Reload project" step they may not be looking at the latest version which may have lead to the discrepancies you were seeing.
4. Group 1 should then let you know by email, text, phone, etc. that they have their updated plots list.
5. Repeat steps for additional groups.
Please let me know if you have any questions about these steps.
Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team