Sci Names Only

Have you used i-Tree components for your own project? This is the place to tell others about your experiences—and to link to online results, images, reports, and publicity. Relevant topics include project area, challenges, organization, methods, and effects.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

hdelaconcha

Sci Names Only

Post by hdelaconcha » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:05 pm

The common name in english is of no use to me or the report is there an option to avoid printing it in reports? and only use the sci name??. Also I have translated the mobile screens into spanish is there a chance to change this and use them?? it will be of great help.

Thanks, so far we are starting to gather info and is looking good.
Horacio de la Concha
AGRINET SA de CV
Cuernavaca MEXICO
hdelaconcha@agrinet.com.mx
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Sci Names Only

Post by Jason.Henning » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:56 am

You can toggle between reporting using the "Common" names and the "Scientific" names by clicking on either the "Common" option or the "Scientific" option at the far right end of the "Report" tab in i-Tree Eco v6.

There is significant programming involved in updating the application so that it could display different versions of the mobile data collection interface. We are currently in the process of trying to secure the necessary funding to create a Spanish language version of the application. If that funding comes through it will likely take more than a year to complete the necessary programming to release a Spanish language version. That being said, if you would like to provide your translated text it may be something we can put to use if and when we are able to try to create a Spanish language version of i-Tree Eco.
You could email that information to info@itreetools.org.

Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team