Species list

Have you used i-Tree components for your own project? This is the place to tell others about your experiences—and to link to online results, images, reports, and publicity. Relevant topics include project area, challenges, organization, methods, and effects.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

hdelaconcha

Species list

Post by hdelaconcha » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:42 pm

I have setup the web form, too bad is still not possible to make in it spanish, I have the volunteers ready to go out in the field. Within the next 2 weeks I will train them on how to use the mobile for data gathering. Is it possible to reduce the species list to only the 90+ we have in the city? for example there are no pine trees in Merida can I erase them?? if so How??

Thanks
Horacio de la Concha
AGRINET SA de CV
Cuernavaca MEXICO
hdelaconcha@agrinet.com.mx
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Species list

Post by Jason.Henning » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:25 am

Unfortunately, the species list is not currently editable. I will let our development team know that we have users interested in this feature so that it can be explored in the future.
Also, we are currently exploring the possibility of creating a Spanish language version of the i-Tree Eco software. However, since this is free software we are somewhat limited in our capacity to build and support multiple versions in a variety of languages. For some of the variables in i-Tree Eco you can edit how the categories are named and described and that may allow you to get some Spanish language options into some of the drop downs. This is mostly limited to things like the optional variables, maintenance variables, and strata descriptions.

Thanks for your questions.
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team