TreeOcode Niagara

Have you used i-Tree components for your own project? This is the place to tell others about your experiences—and to link to online results, images, reports, and publicity. Relevant topics include project area, challenges, organization, methods, and effects.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

Darren2112

TreeOcode Niagara

Post by Darren2112 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:08 am

Good afternoon,

My non-profit organization is creating a crowd sourced urban forest inventory project and wish to use i-Tree Streets calculations to illustrate the benefits of our trees.

Is i-Tree Streets calculations available as an API for integration in web mapping projects. If not, how is iTree Streets being incorporated in products such as OpenTreeMap?

Thank you for your time,

Darren
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Re: TreeOcode Niagara

Post by azelaya » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:21 pm

UPDATE 06May2019 - the National Tree Benefit Calculator webservice is scheduled to be discontinued by the end of 2019. The link to this service has been removed from this post for the interim to avoid web development using a service that will be discontinued. For udpates on a new i-Tree API, please see the following forum post viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5260. Updates will also be available on the i-Tree website and newsletter later in the fall.

Our Developers created a webservice link to integrate and embed the functions of the National Tree Benefit Calculator on an external website. The NTBC is simplified for online use and is based on i-Tree Streets and is being phased out. This link has been removed as of May2019 see above for new options in development. The webservice information is intended for those familiar with website development.

- Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
Darren2112

Re: TreeOcode Niagara

Post by Darren2112 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:27 am

Thank you SO much!